DKY the word “casserole” is French? Just a fun little tidbit!
I know it sounds extremely healthy (kale!) but it’s rich and creamy, too…with just enough zing from fresh ginger! It was a hit with my crew (and the sweet children from the neighborhood who seem to be coming over for dinner a lot lately 😉 ) and so it’s made it to the blog for you, too 🙂 xoxo!
Sweet Potato and Kale Casserole Recipe:
- 12 ounces organic egg noodles
- 1.5 cups organic unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 handfuls organic kale, rough chopped
- 2 organic sweet potatoes, skin on, diced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 inch piece of ginger, skinned, minced
- garlic powder, to taste
- 2 tablespoons organic unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- sprinkle of bread crumbs, Himalayan salt, and fresh ground pepper
In a pot of boiling water, cook sweet potatoes for 7 minutes. In another pot of boiling water, cook egg noodles for 5 minutes.
Sautee the ginger, onion, and spices in 2 tablespoons organic olive oil for about 3 minutes or until translucent (a fancy word for “slightly clear”).
Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring the entire time, then add coconut milk and cook for 5 minutes until thickened (Hooray! You just made bechamel sauce!).
Take sauce off the heat and add sweet potatoes, noodles, and kale to pot of sauce and season with Himalayan salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
Place in casserole dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs, and bake in 475 oven for 10 minutes until crispy on top.
Oh, how I know you will enjoy this one!
XOXO – Katy