This one is for a special night, because it is amazing AND because it takes an hour to prepare and cook (instead of the usual 30 minutes 😊).
I use chicken instead of fish, and chicken chorizo instead of traditional Spanish chorizo for a lighter dish, but you can easily sub these in this recipe if you choose. It’s good, all ways!
– 8 ounces chicken chorizo sausage.
– 3 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces.
– 1 cup organic celery, chopped.
– 1 yellow onion, chopped.
– 2 tomatoes, diced.
– 3 cloves garlic, minced.
– 2 bell peppers, chopped.
– juice and zest of 1 lemon.
– 2 1/2 cups organic short grain brown rice.
– 5 1/2 cups chicken broth.
– 1/2 can diced tomatoes (I like the one with jalapeños for a little extra spice!)
– 3/4 cup white wine.
– 25 strands saffron.
– 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley.
In a saucepan on medium high heat, cook chicken beast in olive oil 8 minutes until cooked. Set aside.
In a saucepan on medium high heat, sautée vegetables in olive oil until lightly cooked, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
In a large, oven-safe pot or paella pan, heat olive oil on medium high and add rice, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, saffron, Himalayan salt, pepper, and wine. Bring to a boil and cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
Combine all remaining and prepared ingredients into the paella pot, cover, and bake in 350 oven for 25-30 minutes or until rice is done.
Season with Himalayan salt and pepper to taste.
Xoxo – 😘 Katy