Finally, a great tasting organic muffin that is absolutely lovely with a cup of black coffee or tea in the mornings (or an after school snack for the little ones!)
My husband can only go a few days without some type of muffin with his coffee, and I’m right there with him 🙂 I had to find a way to make this treat as healthy and clean as possible, so here is my best shot after 11 years of trying:
Thankful to report, they don’t last long once baked!
At least is only take 15 minutes to prepare 😉
Here’s the recipe:
Ingredients (all organic):
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup organic oats
- 3 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1.5 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
- 4 free range eggs
- 1.5 cups applesauce
- 2 1/4 cups soy or almond milk (I use organic soy milk for an added 22 grams of protein, making them legit “protein muffins!”)
- 1.5 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1.5 cups chopped walnuts
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in another bowl, and then add to dry ingredients and mix with a spatula only till everything is moistened (Over-stirring causes heavy Muffins).
- Add blueberries and walnuts.
- Pour into 24 regular muffin cups, or 12 jumbo.
- Sprinkle tops with organic cane sugar or brown sugar (optional – but I always do!)
- Bake in 400 oven for 17 – 20 minutes or until done.
- Let cool in pan 3 minutes, then remove and enjoy!
Store in refrigerator up to 5 days.
Please invite me over if you make these 🙂 xoxo! Katy